Airfordable is a travel and financial technology company on a mission to make travel accessible and affordable to anyone, anywhere. Travel is one of the highest household expenses, yet its accessibility is limited to only those who can purchase at cost. We make travel accessible by enabling anyone to book a flight for only a fraction of the cost upfront and the rest in installments before departure.
This is only the beginning of our journey to make travel accessible. We are dedicated to building a travel platform that will empower traveler to do more with less in an easy and fun way. Airfordable has been helping customers travel since 2015. We are a 2016 graduate of Y-Combinator and have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance, Conde Nast Traveler, Essence Magazine and more.
About the role
Airfordable is searching for a full time react/react-native software engineer driven by our mission and wants to have an impact within a growing company. If selected, you will join a small, tight-knit remote engineering team that does anything and everything to make Airfordable run smoothly and efficiently.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Helping the team deliver delightful mobile experiences to our customers using react and react-native.
- Improving & developing system automation used in critical business decision making
- Developing & improving our customer application rollout processes
- Developing new and supporting existing features that will directly impact customers
- Exploring and prototyping ideas that employ fast and creative go-to-market strategies to solve internal product challenges
Engineers at Airfordable primarily work in Typescript and Node JS and strive to build robust and solid applications using new and robust standards like GraphQL, ReactJS, and more. On the backend our stack employs the AWS ecosystem, Docker, Github, Github Action, Datadog, LogDNA, MongoDB and other 3rd party tools to build, deploy and run our system in an efficient manner.
A driven, independent, thoughtful individual keen to have an impact with their work.
Ideally the candidate has:
- Experience working with unix/linix based systems
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of programming and underlying operating systems.
- Junior or Senior engineer with a degree or certification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Excellent computer skills
- A desire to expand your skillset and learn from an experienced and battle tested team.
Remote is in our DNA since inception rather than due to pandemic and will always stay that way. Nothing beats starting your day with a great cup of coffee from your favorite coffee shop or grabbing a quick beer to end your day.
Competitive compensation to benefit ratio
We invest in every member to grow and be the best versions of themselves professionally and personally. Our compensation is not just about monetary(salary) but your wellbeing.
It's like homecoming three times a year. The entire company transports to a destination of our choosing to mingle and to set or realign the priorities of the company in relation to our customers' needs. It's always a fun time to connect with each team member.
Great! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about yourself, why you should be considered and your resume. Make sure to include your LinkedIn, AngelList or Github profile if any. It makes a big difference in your application.
Airfordable is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.